Tubasanyukidde or Welcome!

I've taken on many challenges in life; keeping a goldfish alive for more than a week, successfully eating entire pints of Ben & Jerry's in a single sitting, and managing to survive my first two years of college. Now I take on the daunting task of keeping a blog during my one month stay at Amagezi Gemaanyi Youth Association (or for those of who have no idea how to pronounce that... AGYA), an educational community center in Kampala, Uganda.

While this is mostly is to keep my dad from pulling a Liam Neeson in Taken, it hopefully will provide some entertainment for those of you (aka my family and the people I pay $5/hr to pretend to be my friends) tired of watching Sex in the City re-reruns, bored at your internships, or sick of looking at the same newsfeed on facebook. Well, you've been warned.


Thursday, June 30, 2011

Post Numero Uno


The pressure is on for the "First Post." You're expected to be intriguing, witty, spell everything rite, and most importantly not bore the crap out of your readers (thanks again for tuning in mom and dad, you guys rock!). Luckily, I don't feel this so called "pressure". Yes, maybe you could credit this to my effortless good looks and charm (see picture above), but no not this time. I credit this lack of pressure to the fact that I have yet to pack and finish my lesson plans... so this time its just because I feel the pressure elsewhere. With roughly 5 days until I leave for Uganda, I think we can agree I'm cutting it pretty darn close. Will I prevail? Will I remember to bring enough underwear? What if I forget my toothbrush? Can you tell I'm procrastinating?? Do you feel the urge to punch me with all my rhetorical questions? I know I sure as hell do!

Enough for now. Back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment